Tuesday, September 28, 2010

rattan shoot villange visit








A few days ago, we, as ODOP members, had a training to people in a village of Savannakhet Province about stock-able rattan shoot Bin. Rattan in English is 籐 (Tou) in Japanese, หวๅย(Waai) in Thai. And this is called "The Laos Taste" or "Soul of Laos", because every Laos people love it, even if we don't even know the fact that it is eatable.

And normally we can get Rattan for food in raining season but at the same time, we can have a lot of vegetable in markets, so we can't sell by high price and we can't sell a lot.

So our project is trying to stack it in Bins and sell it on the winter or dry season in Laos, and in doing so, we can help income generation for the village people.

In Training, we had more than 40 participants and they are really interested in and expected this support !!!!













Smoke in local way,
Sometimes I saw old ladies eat small woods, I was thinking it's kinda their cultural food...
But Today I found out what is it.... It's the way of smoking......
Look at the pictures below. I tried. I seemed like bloody in my mouth, but it's not blood, and looks really scary. hahaha



People in every village has different life style of my past.
So every time, I'm really interested in leaning from them .


雄揮 / Yuki / ยูกิ

籐を作っている村でトレーニングを開催した。
村の人たちの生活に触れるのは、今までにない経験なので、
やっぱし楽しい

2 comments:

  1. Good luck to your income generation activities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, but need to look carefully. This project didn't care how to use bigger money than before. I think and most of the community development Project by JICA(ODA) seems not to care it. Maybe if I can create NGO in that field, it would be nice =).
    Anyway for me it's first time to see what gonna happen/ change when we support like this in deed =)

    THanks for your comment, Yossy-San =)

    ReplyDelete