Friday, December 24, 2010

Handicraft Textile

I need more experience and knowledge of hand-made production


Current textile products in this village

This week, we visited to a village of Toumlane district, Saravanh province in Laos to research for new coming project about textile. Because the time when I started working in this project was already half way of our project's period, I missed the chance to see the stage of product development, which is how we make new unique, local and valued-added product.

I feel process in ward is not difficult to understand for me. It's almost same of what I have done in AIESEC. Point of this stage is below (Same process of the way to make plan).
1.Know the strength and weakness or current products (resource analysis).
2.What makes them limit, or what is Opportunities for producers.
3.Communicate villagers to know their wants or problems
4.Make image of the new product with villagers (sometimes need to facilitate them)

But the most difficult point of this stage is "Idea of new products", and it's for sure coming from knowledge and experience of smiler product and project.

Do you know what kind of Textile has valuable one??
Do you know what kind of weaving style is it on pictures and how much valuable??
Do you know how to die a natural color??
Do you know what kind


This experience makes me realized what I have to study to be expert,
and one the same time makes me realized
the way to utilize my past valuable experience in my future.
No body told me what I have to learn here (not like company),
But I always have to be hungry of knowledge

2 comments:

  1. nice to see your experiences here. hope to meet you again sometime and have a nice chat! i remembered it was so cool seeing you in apmctc and IC! getting drunk.

    stay hungry, stay foolish

    good luck!

    Youni

    checkin in from sri lanka mirissa beach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay Hungry stay foolish, That's is the thing!!!!!!
    Cool comment man !!!!

    ReplyDelete